Training & Presentations
The Centre for Youth AOD Research and Practice offers high qaulity, evidanced based training opportunities to the Youth AOD workforce and related communties.
Our trainers are current youth work practitioners with extensive field experience, and they bring that deep understanding and applied knowledge to their delivery.
The training opportunities that are avaliable are:
- Workforce training
- School presentations (Teachers/Students)
- Parent & Community sessions
- Workshops, seminars and conferences
- Panel presentations
Examples of Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the effects of drugs that are commonly used by young people; including intoxication, come-down, withdrawal, risks and other effects
- Learn the street names of drugs, the amounts and costs, methods of use, nature of trade
- Develop an understanding of the function of drug use for young people, and how it relates to adolescent development
- Learn the skills on how to actively engage with young people and communicate about drug use, including how to respond when a young person is intoxicated
- Understand how to address myths and the concerns of parents about young people’s drug use
- Gain knowledge of harm reduction strategies
- Learn the Stages of Change concept, and how it relates to young people
- Acquire practical knowledge of the youth AOD support and treatment syste
For further information contact our training team or 03 9415 8881.